Lucene dependencies in ElasticSearch High Level Client

Hello,

We are migrating from Solr to ElasticSearch. I using the ElasticSearch High Level Client and ElasticSearch in the 5.6.2 version.

The High Level Client are using Lucene 6.6.1 and my already exists projects are using the 5.3.2. I got a lot of problems in my projects with the new Lucene version, and when I exclude the Lucene dependencies from ElasticSearch client keeping the Lucene 5.3.2, I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: LUCENE_5_4_1
	at org.elasticsearch.Version.<clinit>(Version.java:57)

Can I use the High Level Client with 5.3.2 Lucene version? Or can I remove the Lucene for the High Level Client?

Thanks in advance.

It is not possible to change the version of lucene, or remove it as a dependency. I recommend running your replacement application in a separate jvm if you can.

Unfortunately, I can not do that. Do you have plans to remove this dependencies for the High Level Rest Client? Otherwise, where can I suggest this improve?

I will change my code to use the Low Level Rest Client. My biggest problem for that will be re-implement the BulkProcessor.

Thank you.

In case it helps, here is what I did with the Low Level client before I switched to the High level client: https://github.com/dadoonet/fscrawler/tree/3b8f4d79c804dcceda8c36b1d7cce41b676474ed/src/main/java/fr/pilato/elasticsearch/crawler/fs/client

HTH

Thank you, this will help me a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.