[MachineLearning/DataVisualizer/ImportData] - File too large (?)

machine-learning

(Guillaume Baudringhien) #1

Hi here,
Thanks in advance for your time

I was trying to use the new machine learning tool and it worked well for a first test fill
Then, I've been trying with a fill much larger (header of 9 fields, 45120 lines of data) and the "Data analyzing load" never ended.
So, I tried to split this fill with the first 15 000 lines and it worked fine but, after adding the next 1 000 lines, I've got the same behavior again ...
So I tried to check if something was wrong between the line 15 000 and 16 000 but I'm able to load a file with the lines from 14 000 to 17 000 ...

The only issue I can think about now is that my file is too large (?). Even if my fill is < 100MB (2,9MB)

Regards
Guillaume

(rich collier) #2

I've seen this "never ending" behavior when there were odd characters in the file (for example, DOS-like newline chars like ^M).

I would look at the file closely in a text editor that can show you hidden symbols (such as using :set list in vi) and ensure there are no wacky symbols in there. Keep in mind that the $ symbol for a newline in vi is okay.

(Guillaume Baudringhien) #3

Hi @richcollier, thanks a lot for your answer,
I thought you had found my issue but after removing every single ^M I've got the same result ...
Using :set list in vi, I can confirm that all my lines look like aa;bb;cc;dd$ now
Still able to import a file with my first 15 000 lines, cannot figure out what's wrong here

Also tried with another test file looking like field1;field2;field3;field4;field5;field6;field7;field8;field9 for the header and 45 000 data lines like aaa;bbb;ccc;dddd;eeee;ffff;gggg;hhhh;iiii
Same wrong behavior

Regards

(rich collier) #4

Hmmm... I'm not sure how we can help unless we had your problematic file (or an anonymized version of it) to reproduce the issue. Any way to provide?

(Guillaume Baudringhien) #5

Are you able/allowed to download my test file from my google drive here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s8Iz-kALilsBfayipATKSqlU9MwBKTwk

If not, how do you want me to share it with you ?

(rich collier) #6

Thanks! Was able to download the file and it imported perfectly!

(Guillaume Baudringhien) #7

Feeling stupid ... Haha
I've tried again but nothing changed
Is there any configuration to modify / enable on the server. Any logs to verify ?
Thanks for your time

(rich collier) #8

Perhaps enabling developer mode/console on the browser to see where things might be getting stuck for you might be helpful ??)

Are you doing this locally (i.e. running ES/Kibana on your local machine) or is this on Elastic Cloud or is the destination system far away (network-wise?). Is there a possible proxy/firewall in place that is disallowing uploads of certain sizes? Just trying to think outside the box here....

(Guillaume Baudringhien) #9

Thanks again for your very helpful answer
As you suggested, I opened the network console of my browser and I've found the issue
Nothing about Kibana but our network, I've got the 413 http status - Request Entity Too Large
Issue closed !
Thanks for your help and time
Regards
Guillaume