Make setup fails

Hi, everyone.

I'm following the Countbeat example tutorial and make setup fails with the following error:

mkdir -p vendor/github.com/elastic/
cp -R /home/kmyokoyama/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats vendor/github.com/elastic/
rm -rf vendor/github.com/elastic/beats/.git
make update
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/kmyokoyama/go/src/github.com/kmyokoyama/countbeat'
Command "/home/kmyokoyama/go/src/github.com/kmyokoyama/countbeat/build/python-env/bin/python2 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-Zzjw4Z/PyYAML/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-sZ3Fd7-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /home/kmyokoyama/go/src/github.com/kmyokoyama/countbeat/build/python-env/include/site/python2.7/PyYAML" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-Zzjw4Z/PyYAML/
vendor/github.com/elastic/beats/libbeat/scripts/Makefile:182: recipe for target 'python-env' failed
make[1]: *** [python-env] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/kmyokoyama/go/src/github.com/kmyokoyama/countbeat'
Makefile:16: recipe for target 'setup' failed
make: *** [setup] Error 2

It seems to be related to virtuaenv or python's version, but I don't know for sure.

Thank you.

which python version do you have? Do you have virtualenv installed?

My python's default version is 3.6.0 (Anaconda), but I also have 2.7.12 installed. I have virtualenv version 15.0.1. installed.

It now works.

The problem was virtualenv out of date. After updating all components (pip, cookiecutter, virtualenv and even Go) I was able to build Countbeat and run it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Glad you found a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.