Map field as Object and Text

Is there any way to map a field as an object AND text, similar to what you can do with "fields" and text and keyword types?

I'm having an issue where a field is mapped differently across indices, because Winlogbeat expects a field to be cast as a type of "object", but I have other logs where the field is cast as a type of "text".

Thanks,
Cappy

Have you defined this in a/the template?

Yes, I have.

This is related to my other question, actually.

I have an LS-managed template (index_pattern of logstash-beats-*) I use (with everything statically mapped) that has the "user" field mapped as an object, with different properties, etc and an order of 1

I have another LS-managed template I use (index_pattern of [ "logstash-*", "-*beats*" ] that has a "user" field from some other logs, that is set as a type of "text" and an order of 0. The logs that use this template provide a text only value.

I've tried:

Setting the field to a type of object in the logstash-* template, which doesn't work because it has a concrete single value.

"user":{
   "type":"object"
},

Using "fields" to add a type of object, so that the field will be indexed w/ multi-fields.

"user":{
        "type":"text",
        "fields": {
          "object":{
            "type":"object"
         }
     }
  },

In the logstash-beats-* template, it is defined as follows:

"user": {
          "properties": {
            "domain": {
              "type": "keyword"
            },
            "identifier": {
            },
            "name": {
            },
            "type": {
            }
          }
        },

Thanks,
Cappy

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.