Mapper parsing exeption logstash

Hi I am receiving this error message. I have been searching for hours where the problem is but I cannot find it. Is there a method to finding exactly where the problem is occurring?

Mär 11 12:21:16 mon logstash[16980]: [2020-03-11T12:21:16,291][WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch][main] Could not index event to Elasticsearch. {:status=>400, :action=>["index", {:_id=>nil, :_index=>"var_log-2020.03.11", :routing=>nil, :_type=>"_doc"}, #<LogStash::Event:0x6354a9d5>], :response=>{"index"=>{"_index"=>"var_log-2020.03.11", "_type"=>"_doc", "_id"=>"XdBTyXABRKnuFwD_yIyg", "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"mapper_parsing_exception", "reason"=>"failed to parse field [timestamp] of type [date] in document with id 'XdBTyXABRKnuFwD_yIyg'. Preview of field's value: '20200311 122115'", "caused_by"=>{"type"=>"illegal_argument_exception", "reason"=>"failed to parse date field [20200311 122115] with format [yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss||yyyy/MM/dd||epoch_millis]", "caused_by"=>{"type"=>"date_time_parse_exception", "reason"=>"Failed to parse with all enclosed parsers"}}}}}}

Update:

I notice in the kibana index mapping json output I have this in one of the indexes:

"timestamp": {
          "type": "date",
          "format": "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss||yyyy/MM/dd||epoch_millis"
        }

How can I remove this because on previous days the entry does not exist.

What did the mapping look like previously?

This entry was not there

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.