Mapping error in QA no issue in Prod

Running 6.3.2
uberAgent is a listed indices in our QA and Prod environment
I'm running into a mapping issue. Have read the new mapping standards, still puzzled.

Background: I previously posted that we had installed uberAgent in our QA/Prod environments but when we went through the create an index steps and typed in uberagent in Step 1 nothing populated even though we could see uberagent in our indices. This was solved, by the Elastic community, in our Prod environment by inserting a document into uberagent so that the index could be "seen" and after inserting a doc we were then able to go through the create index pattern steps. Here is the document that I put in to uberagent (prod) via Kibana Dev Tools with no problems:
PUT uberagent/_doc/ryandowney18
{
"user" : "ryandowney",
"time" : "2018-09-10T17:12:12",
"message" : "trying out Elasticsearch"
}

I understand, I think, from the literature (https://www.elastic.co/blog/removal-of-mapping-types-elasticsearch#mapping-type) that mapping with two types has been removed for our version, 6.3.2. As I had no problem inserting a document in our prod environment the same should have been the case for our QA environment. Now the issue that we are having occurs when I put in the above PUT command into the QA dev tools. I get an error message that states:
{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "illegal_argument_exception",
"reason": "Rejecting mapping update to [uberagent] as the final mapping would have more than 1 type: [uberagent, _doc]"
}
],
"type": "illegal_argument_exception",
"reason": "Rejecting mapping update to [uberagent] as the final mapping would have more than 1 type: [uberagent, _doc]"
},
"status": 400
}

What I'm gathering is that this same command is now trying to create a type of uberagent and _doc which is not allowed with the current mapping standards, hence the error. My question is, why is this error happening in our QA environment and not Prod? The only odd thing that I'm noticing is that when I run the GET uberagent/_mapping command uberagent is listed twice in the JSON file. Any help would be appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.