"MasterNotDiscoveredException" when working with multiple nodes

Hello Team,

I have installed ES in two machines, and both nodes I setup as master nodes as shown

Machine 1:
cluster.name: elasticsearch
node.name: "Franz Kafka1"
node.master: true
node.data: true
discovery.zen.ping.multicast.enabled: false
discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["192.168.1.65"]

Machine 2:
cluster.name: elasticsearch
node.name: "Franz Kafka2"
node.master: true
node.data: true
discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes: 2
discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["192.168.1.59"]

Firstly I have started 59 machine and then 65 machine both are showing connection exception as:

no known master node, scheduling a retry
[2016-01-19 12:36:49,520][INFO ][discovery.zen ] [Franz Kafka2] failed to send join request to master [[Franz Kafka1][PM60pOh9TzmdVP1SbYbSaw][Anusha-PC][inet[/192.168.1.59:9300]]{master=true}], reason [RemoteTransportException[[Franz Kafka1][inet[/192.168.1.59:9300]][internal:discovery/zen/join]]; nested: ConnectTransportException[[Franz Kafka2][inet[/192.168.1.65:9300]] connect_timeout[30s]]; nested: ConnectException[Connection timed out: no further information: /192.168.1.65:9300]; ]

Can anyone suggest me on how to solve this issue?????

If you are on 2.x you should change network.host.

Note that

Is useless in 2.x.

Am using 1.5.2

Hello David,

Do I need to change the port value of one of the nodes???
Is there any settings that I need to make to work them properly, currently am testing both of them in different OS machines
59--> windows machine
65-->CentOS

is this a problem????

Hello,
Can anyone please look into this, am unable to work with multiple nodes in different machines, can anyone provide me a step by step clear process??????????????

And this is very important task for me to work on, I strucked here...........

Please be patient when waiting for an answer to your questions. This is a community forum and as such it may take some time before someone replies to your question. Not everyone on the forum is an expert in every area so you may need to wait for someone who knows about the area you are asking about to come online and have the time to look into your problem. Please see https://www.elastic.co/community/codeofconduct for more details on our code of conduct (in particular the "be patient" section).

There are no SLAs on responses to questions posted on this forum, if you require help with an SLA on responses you should look into purchasing a subscription package that includes support with an SLA such as those offered by Elastic: https://www.elastic.co/subscriptions

Hello Colin,
Sorry for my impatience, I have seen in all possible for that I posted those many questions..

Working with multiple nodes which are there in single host but unable to connect nodes which are there in separate hosts?????

I guess that Machine 1 is 192.168.1.59 and Machine 2 is 192.168.1.65?

Whatever, I'd set on both machines:

discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["192.168.1.59", "192.168.1.65"]

No as long as you have the same exact JVM version / vendor it should work well.

I'd most likely check the firewall settings especially on windows... Make sure that port 9300 is accessible.

Hello David,

I tried with windows machine both I set up as master they are able to form cluster,
but not able to do the same with different OS machines, verified the java versions in both machines(both using jdk 1.7)????

That looks strange indeed.

Can you change the log level for discovery to debug and upload the log file from both machines to gist.github.com?