Metricbeat 8.11.1 not reporting cgroup.io.pressure for some machines

We are using one of the more recent versions of Metricbeat - v8.1.1 for 2 types of instances. Cloud Instances (Ubuntu 22.04) and Bare Metal installations (Debian 11).
I have observed specifically that the metrics under - system.process.cgroup.io.pressure.* are not reported for the Bare Metal Debian 11 instances, but come in correctly for the Ubuntu (Cloud-based instances).
The RAM and CPU Cgroup Pressure Metrics are available though - for both the aforementioned deployments.
The metricbeat - modules.d/system.yml file looks the same for both.

- module: system
  period: 30s
  metricsets:
    - cpu
    - load
    - memory
    - network
    - process
    - process_summary
    - socket_summary
    - network_summary
    - core
    - diskio
    - socket
  process.include_top_n:
    by_cpu: 5      # include top 5 processes by CPU
    by_memory: 5   # include top 5 processes by memory

period: 5m
  metricsets:
    - filesystem
    - fsstat
  filesystem.ignore_types: [ssysfs, tmpfs, bdev, proc, cgroup, cgroup2, cpuset, devtmpfs, debugfs, tracefs, securityfs, sockfs, bpf, pipefs, ramfs, hugetlbfs, devpts, mqueue, pstore, autofs, efivarfs, configfs, fuse, fusectl]
  processors:
  - drop_event.when.regexp:
      system.filesystem.mount_point: '^/(sys|cgroup|proc|dev|etc|host|lib|snap)($|/)'

period: 1m
  metricsets:
    - service
  service.pattern_filter: ["ssh.service"]

period: 15m
  metricsets:
    - uptime

I have started Metricbeat in the foreground using metricbeat -e -d '*' as well as suggested in some of the forums, but even there these metrics seem to be missing.

The following image is what I see when I query for system.process.cgroup.io for all the fields

I have also checked that the Debian 11 systems have Cgroups V2 available and the Kernel version there is - 5.10.0-8-amd64
Can I understand what could be the issue here?
The Cgroup process level I/O pressure information is important for understanding systemd level resource utilization and alerting for me.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.