Metricbeat data from Logstash not showing up in Kibana

Hi all,

I've just added Logstash to my ELK stack setup. I've got filebeat working, but metricbeat is causing trouble.

When I navigate to the Infrastructure screen, I get an error in elasticsearch:

"Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [host.name] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead.",
     "at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.TextFieldMapper$TextFieldType.fielddataBuilder(TextFieldMapper.java:767) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]",
     "at org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.IndexFieldDataService.getForField(IndexFieldDataService.java:116) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.0.jar:7.1.0]", 

I've seen this before as a (maybe) red herring error, but I'm not sure what's causing it this time. I have my logstash output going to both elasticsearch and stdout, and I'm seeing a steady flow of data to logstash.

UPDATE:
I now see in the Elasticsearch Logs a lot of "failed to find message" messages that are sourced from metricbeat on the logstash index. What could be causing this?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.