Metricbeat not sending data after recreating index

Hi,

tldr: I had metricbeats running but after deleting and recreating template and index, I see no data comming in.

I Have a remote host running elasticsearch and kibana in docker.
Metricbeat with only module system was running smootly on the same host (no other hosts so far)

Then I activated the module docker butt saw no data coming in. (the docker dashboard was empty)
So I searched and followed a hint here from the forum, to delete template and indices for metricbeat from devtools in kibana.
I then added setup.template.overwrite: true to my metricbeat.yml, which indeed showed the template and index again in dev-tools.

But I get no data. (No result found) for all of the service-dashboards.
There seems to be no docker data as well.
my metricbeat.yml

# Glob pattern for configuration loading
  path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml

# Set to true to enable config reloading
  reload.enabled: false

setup.template.settings:
  index.number_of_shards: 1
  index.codec: best_compression
  #_source.enabled: false

setup.dashboards.enabled: false
  setup.kibana:

# Kibana Host
  host: "localhost:5601"

output.elasticsearch:
  # Array of hosts to connect to.
    hosts: ["localhost:9200"]

processors:
  - add_host_metadata: ~
  - add_cloud_metadata: ~
  - add_docker_metadata: ~
  - add_kubernetes_metadata: ~

what did I miss?

My goals would be to get the modules system and docker with their default dashboards to be available.
Also Understanding what went wrong would be great.

update
disabling module docker again leads to data being delivered again. So its something with the config. Logs do not show anything. - the logfile has no error and syslog shows:

● metricbeat.service - Metricbeat is a lightweight shipper for metrics.
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/metricbeat.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2020-12-05 06:50:21 UTC; 42s ago
       Docs: https://www.elastic.co/products/beats/metricbeat
    Process: 92709 ExecStart=/usr/share/metricbeat/bin/metricbeat --environment systemd $BEAT_LOG_OPTS $BEAT_CONFIG_OPTS $BEAT_PATH_OPTS (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 92709 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dec 05 06:50:21 esprimo-q920 systemd[1]: metricbeat.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Dec 05 06:50:21 esprimo-q920 systemd[1]: Stopped Metricbeat is a lightweight shipper for metrics..
Dec 05 06:50:21 esprimo-q920 systemd[1]: metricbeat.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Dec 05 06:50:21 esprimo-q920 systemd[1]: metricbeat.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Dec 05 06:50:21 esprimo-q920 systemd[1]: Failed to start Metricbeat is a lightweight shipper for metrics..

which does not really help my

TY
Stil

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.