Migrate Elastic Cloud Regions

Using Elastic Cloud with GCP, can I start using it in one region, eg North Virginia, and then change the region of this implementation to another GCP region?

Hi @TomTom

Unfortunately in Elastic Cloud today you can not just select a new region and have the cluster automatically move / migrate across regions.

You would need to setup A new cluster and either replicate the data or snap and restore the data etc...

Thanks @stephenb,
I think both options are good for us. Mainly take a snapshot.

Because today my site is located in New York (another hosting provider), and as I don't live in the US, I believe the closest region is North Virginia.

In a few months I will migrate my site to GCP, in another region (to Brazil), however, if I already have Elastic Cloud running on GCP Brazil, the connection time of a cURL from my New York site to Brazil GCP via API is almost 700ms, which is much time consuming, especially for my dashboard that consumes Elasticsearch data.

Can I do all these procedures directly from the Elastic Cloud management dashboard?

There is a little more to do than that ... but mostly from Console plus Within Kibana if you are going to snap and restore and you would need to setup a multi-region GCS bucket etc..etc.. and setup that repository in each cluster etc..

Plus once you are on Elastic Cloud you can open a support ticket and get some help if needed

Plus once you are on Elastic Cloud you can open a support ticket and get some help if needed

I'm on the Gold plan but it doesn't allow me to access the support panel.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.