Missing cpu.cfs_period_us, cpu.cfs_quota_us and cpu.stat on raspberry pi 4

Hi, Logstash (7.7.0) all time (every 5 sec) prints information about missing files (logstash is working, but has some memory leak - I'm not sure is that correlated):

[DEBUG][logstash.instrument.periodicpoller.cgroup.cpuresource] File /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/cpu.cfs_period_us cannot be found, try providing an override 'ls.cgroup.cpu.path.override' in the Logstash JAVA_OPTS environment variable
[DEBUG][logstash.instrument.periodicpoller.cgroup.cpuresource] File /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/cpu.cfs_quota_us cannot be found, try providing an override 'ls.cgroup.cpu.path.override' in the Logstash JAVA_OPTS environment variable
[DEBUG][logstash.instrument.periodicpoller.jvm] collector name {:name=>"ParNew"}
[DEBUG][logstash.instrument.periodicpoller.cgroup.cpuresource] File /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/cpu.stat cannot be found, try providing an override 'ls.cgroup.cpu.path.override' in the Logstash JAVA_OPTS environment variable
[DEBUG][logstash.instrument.periodicpoller.jvm] collector name {:name=>"ConcurrentMarkSweep"}

I found information why that files are not in raspbian, kerner compilation must have CONFIG_CFS_BANDWIDTH, but default it's disabled.
So I wondering if it's a posibility to workaround it (eg. create that files with some values manualy and force logstash to using them). But I'm not sure what is a role of that files in Logstash, and what value should be there.
I want to avoid recompiling kerner with that flag.

Those are DEBUG messages telling you those files do not exist. That is not a problem. They are reported periodically because logstash wants to support the mounting of the cgroups filesystem after it has started.

If you want to create dummy files I would definitely use overrides to put them outside the /proc and /sys/fs/cgroup filesystems. The proc and cgroups man pages have pointers to the kernel documentation around what is in those files, but I believe they are basically text files with a few numbers in them.

Yeah, that files has some simple numeric values, but I'm not sure what values should be best for Raspberry 4.

I've created that 3 files with some values (from other debian instance) and debug stop print that message about missing files. For that you need to set relative path to that files in startup.options

LS_JAVA_OPTS="-Dls.cgroup.cpu.path.override=../../../../new/path/"

cpu.cfs_period_us

cpu.cfs_quota_us

cpu.stat

nr_periods 0
nr_throttled 0
throttled_time 0

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.