Monitor a database table with Metricbeat

Hello all,
I intend to monitor a special table from my SQL Server or MySQL database in graph.
I have seen that metricbeat does the whole database monitoring not living one to write queries or to choose what else to monitor specially.

I need you to help or to refer me to other beat which can achieve what I am looking for.
If there is no possibility, please tell me how can I extract the table's data often in a special format and how one beat can help me achieving what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Azore :slightly_smiling_face:

We are in the process of releasing a SQL module that allows to run custom queries over a predefined set of SQL databases but we don't have a release date for it yet.

I'm afraid that the SQL Server module monitors the database but we don't offer any way to run custom queries on specific tables of your business.

My only advice now is wait until we release the SQL module or build your own Beat following instructions here: https://www.elastic.co/blog/build-your-own-beat

I hope it helps.

Thank you @Mario,
That will be very usefull.

I finally found an alternative to make what I was looking for. I used logstash to access the database with a statement that loads the table's datas. Now I am done.

You are doing a very good job.

1 Like

I didn't think about Logstash but yeah, good idea :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.