Using Metricbeat to Monitor MS SQL Server Performance - What Permissions in MS SQL Server?

Instructions tell you how to install metricbeat and enable the MS SQL server module - but I can find no coverage (anywhere - google, elasticsearch, metricbeat docs) on what the required permissions within MS SQL must be set up in order for the performance metrics to be pulled. The setup pushes nice canned reports/dashboards out there - but I have empty dashboards and permissions issues popping into Discover.

I see a github issue for same - please provide some guidance on what permissions are needed to pull performance data from within MS SQL Server.

Thanks!

Does anyone from Elastic Co monitor these forums these days? Still haven't found any documentation to cover implementing this.

We are seeing some metrics but things like the MS SQL Server Transaction Log monitoring must require some type of database permissions we don't know because that is still missing.

Help?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.