Monitor Tags in Uptime not working correctly

Hello,

We are on 7.13. and there is an issue with monitor tags in Uptime.

1. Not all tags are shown when we expand the Tag filter (missing like 10-15 tags)
  2. If we search (in the Tag's search box) for a tag, missing tags will not show (only tags that are already there/shown in the Tag filter will show after search)

When we find the monitor with a tag that is missing in the Tag dropdown filter and click on it, it will then show in the Tag filter.

After finding it and clicking on it:

Is this a bug? Is it maybe fixed in later versions?

Kind regards,
Dane

Hi @dabo ,

You are right, it only shows top 10 tags at the moment, but we recently fixed this behavior and now you should be able to search for all filters.

This is the PR [Uptime] For filters, use shared component by shahzad31 · Pull Request #105739 · elastic/kibana · GitHub, it will ship with upcoming 7.16 kibana release.

Regards

Great, thanks Shahzad for letting me know.

Kind regards,
Dane

@shahzad31 Hey, one additional question:

Will Tag filtering logic stay the same?

To elaborate: when I select two tags I expect it to narrow down the search and only show monitors that have both tags, like if using AND logic, but seems like it currently uses OR logic and shows monitors that have either of them.

Thank you,
Dane

It's still OR but you can use query bar KQL for the AND operator.

Do open an enhancement request if you think it's a genuine use case for AND. But for now KQL would be the way to go.

Yes, true but KQL is a bit advanced search for our users.

Ok, I'll look into making an enhancement request for this. It would be best if there is an option to choose between AND and OR logic usage, maybe to set it in some kibana settings.

Thanks a lot for the answers! You can close this topic.

Regards,
Dane

Hi @dabo , can you post here the link to the enhancement request, if you have created. Thanks.

@abdulz Created: Add "AND" logic option for the search function in "Tag" filter · Issue #417 · elastic/uptime · GitHub

Regards,
Dane

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.