Most Efficient way to fetch multiple records by their Id

Hello,

I have a case where I need to fetch a huge number of records but I know already their Id. I'm using c# Nest library. What would be the most efficient way to fetch them? The size of the records can vary from a few records to more than 1m records (ids).

I have seen the MultiGetAsync and also utilising the SearchAsync by adding multiple times with the should operation the ids and making multiple calls to the cluster.

Best Regards,
Spyros

Hello,

Just to enlighten a bit more on the question, the fact that I'm using c# nest library shouldn't relate directly to the performance of the call rather the API that is called behind the scenes.

Let's say that I have 1m ids of the docs that I want to fetch. What would be the best way to fetch them? With a multiget (mget) call or rather with a search query or maybe some other way?
What would be the most efficient way?

If I would like to make the performance of the call better, would the HD performance (IO speed) be the first thing I should focus to scale higher first?

Best Regards,
Spyros

Probably an mget, but at a million records, it's going to be expensive no matter what you do.

Faster IO would help, SSDs definitely.

Thank you a lot for the reply!

I am using already SSD and mget. It would be nice if I could even leverage that more though.

Best Regards,
Spyros

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.