Multiple pipelines - logstash-6.0.0-alpha2

Hi all,

Hope you can help. I’m keen to try the multiple pipelines functionality in logstash-6.0.0-alpha2. So far I’ve been unable to get it to work. I’ve edited the “pipelines.yml” file in the config folder. I’ve added the following (fyi - the hyphens are coming out as bullets on this forum post):

• pipeline.id: pipeline1
    path.config: "c:\aconfigfile1.config"
  • pipeline.id: pipeline2
    path.config: "c:\aconfigfile2.config"

I receive the following error when launching Logstash:

[2017-08-02T11:01:29,433][ERROR][logstash.agent ] An exception happene
d when converging configuration {:exception=>RuntimeError, :message=>"Could not
fetch the configuration, message: undefined method pipeline_id' for nil:NilClas s", :backtrace=>["C:/logstash-6.0.0-alpha2/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent .rb:153:inconverge_state_and_update'", "C: /logstash-6.0.0-alpha2/logstash
-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:88:in execute'", "C: /logstash-6.0.0-alpha2/log stash-core/lib/logstash/runner.rb:302:inexecute'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:28
1:in call'", "C:/ logstash-6.0.0-alpha2/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0 .0.22/lib/stud/task.rb:24:ininitialize'"]}

I’m wondering whether the path to the configuration file is in the wrong format (or I've perhaps put the file in the wrong location). Has anyone else had any success with multiple pipelines in logstash-6.0.0-alpha2? Any advice appreciated. I'm running Logstash on MS Server 2008 with Java SE runtime 8u144 x64.

Many thanks….

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.