Multiple user setup with elasticsearch docker-compose

Hi,

I am deploying ELK stack using docker compose. I will be using x-pack security features (users + tls)

I have found a few examples of how to set a single user in elk (How to set passwords for built-in users with docker-compose setup, Set Password and user with Docker-compose, https://towardsdatascience.com/running-securing-and-deploying-elastic-stack-on-docker-f1a8ebf1dc5b)

However all examples use one user for the entire setup.
I suppose this user being created during setup is an admin user, however I would like to setup three different users. one admin user, one user with write permissions (for logstash) and one user for kibana.

I realize that setting permissions will probably not be supported by docker-compose options. However If I can initiate the three different users at setup, I can immediately run a script that will modify their permissions accordingly (or just use the different built-in users of elasticsearch that already have their correct permissions set)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.