Multiple VPC Private Link Endpoints in one ES Deployment

Hi there,

We currently have a vpc per environment in our AWS e.g. beta, pre, staging, and production. I've followed the instructions here to setup the AWS Private Link/Traffic Filtering for our vpc: AWS Privatelink traffic filters | Elasticsearch Service Documentation | Elastic. I can connect with one vpc, however I want to also allow other VPC's (other environments). It seems that this configuration is only one-to-one e.g. one deployment per vpc. I want to associate multiple VPC private endpoints with just our single deployment cluster on ES. Is there any way I can do this? Thanks

1 Like

Yes, you can create and associate more than one VPC endpoint to connect to a deployment. We allow one to many configurations both through the UI and the APIs.

1 Like

Hi there,

I am at this stage in the Route 53 where you configure the private hosted zone for the endpoint. Specifically when it says this:

Then create a DNS CNAME alias pointing to the PrivateLink Endpoint. Add the record to a private DNS zone in your VPC. Use * as the record name, and the VPC endpoint DNS name as a value.

I added one VPC endpoint DNS name as a value, but when I add other VPC endpoint DNS name on that CNAME record I get an error.

With the image above, there's only one vpc endpoint, but then if I add other vpc endpoints (just a newline after the first endpoint), it doesn't allow me to. How do I go about adding other vpc endpoints DNS names in my private hosted zone in route 53?