Multy-tenany elasticsearch

I am currently working on implementing multi-tenancy in Elasticsearch and have come across two prominent approaches: using a shared index across multiple tenants and having a dedicated index per tenant. As part of my research and development efforts, I would like to test a hybrid approach that combines both methods.

Specifically, I am considering creating a custom plugin that includes a scheduler. This scheduler would run every day at midnight to inspect the shared index. The goal is to identify tenants whose data has reached a predefined size. For such tenants, I plan to execute a reindexing operation, moving their data to a new index named "index_tenantId." Subsequently, I aim to remove this data from the shared index.

Given the complexity of the task and the importance of a robust multi-tenancy setup, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, insights, or advice from the Elasticsearch community. Are there alternative approaches I should consider, or specific best practices that you recommend?

Thank you in advance for your valuable input.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.