Hi ES team,
Before I list out my concerns... I would like to congratulate complete ES team.. a very very well done job.. a great job.. elastic search is very cool.. & mainly I agree it is "cool, bonsai cool"
Wel, I m very new to this, but very much interested to use it , to continue please suggest me on the below concerns.
1. As per my under standing, we can query the index directly from
- HTTP url (http://localhost:9200/twittter/test/2)
- or from java API (.preparesearch)
- or from curl.
I m running http url from java code like below -
URL searchURL= new URL("input url.... ");
connection = searchURL.openConnection();
BufferedReader inputStream = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(connection.getInputStream()));
.we dynamically form the URL ,execute and get the JSON object & use it.
Is it a rite way to do it? because, I see more examples only on curl. so, please suggest me which approach i can use .
2. Can we run curl from java class? is there any way?
3. is there any performance or execution difference between direct URL and Java API.
Totally my main concern is, I need to decide upon, How will we proceed, either URL, Java API or CURL.. please suggest me on the same,
If you find my concerns are silly, please excuse me..but need suggestions
Thanks in advance