Need to use {index} placeholder with index_state_management.rollover_alias in index template

I have multiple indices with same name pattern and I need to rollover about 100 indices using Index life cycle management. I am unable to use same template for all. It is very tedious to generate 100 templates for same indices with same settings just different rollover alias.

I would like to do something like this:
PUT _template/rollover1
{
"index_patterns": ["data-test*"],
"settings": {
"index.opendistro.index_state_management.rollover_alias": "{index}-rollover"
},
"aliases" : {
"{index}-alias" : {}
}
}

{index} placeholder works with alias, all i need is someway to use it with rollover alias

OpenSearch/OpenDistro are AWS run products and differ from the original Elasticsearch and Kibana products that Elastic builds and maintains. You may need to contact them directly for further assistance. See What is OpenSearch and the OpenSearch Dashboard? | Elastic for more details.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

As the bot said, we can't really help on that.

But did you look at Cloud by Elastic, also available if needed from AWS Marketplace, Azure Marketplace and Google Cloud Marketplace?

Cloud by elastic is one way to have access to all features, all managed by us. Think about what is there yet like Vector Search, Security, Monitoring, Reporting, ES|QL, Canvas, Maps UI, Alerting and built-in solutions named Observability, Security and what is coming next :slight_smile: ...