Nested Json fields

(Chrigui Mohamed) #1

I have a json that looks like this

This is my problem:

I need to get positions of gateways (antennaLongitude, antennaLatitude) as a geo_point type
and make a kibana map that contains the posititions of gateways. But the field gateways is nested and contains many gateways[0..n] how can I get these geopoints in elasticsearch!? I did split() in logstash but split will multiply the hole document n times (n is number of gateways ) which is not correct for my case.

Can I index these positions as an array of geo_points ? and how ?

(David Pilato) #2

Could you provide a full recreation script as described in About the Elasticsearch category. It will help to better understand what you are doing. Please, try to keep the example as simple as possible.

A full reproduction script will help readers to understand, reproduce and if needed fix your problem. It will also most likely help to get a faster answer.

(Chrigui Mohamed) #3

I explained more my problem: I need how to index this nested json document how can I do it ?

(David Pilato) #4

I can't help without an example to start with I'm afraid.

(Vasireddyajay) #5

Hi, I have the same question as @chrigui94 . For example, I have this json file and would like to use filebeat to parse and send to kibana.

JSON File
{
"payload": [
{
"measurement": "addition",
"fields": {
"eia": 487.86
},
"tags": {
"device": "xyz",
"catchall": "catchAll1",
"technology": "java",
"mbusprimary": 1
},
"timestamp": 1523446306000000000
}
],
"_msgid": "9600a72.8d0d458"
}

FileBeat.yml

• type: log

enabled: true

paths:

• C:\logs2*.json
      #json.keys_under_root: true
      #json.add_error_key: true
      processors:
    • decode_json_fields:
      fields: ["payload","measurement","eia","tags"]
      process_array: true
      max_depth: 3
      output.console.pretty: true

Please guide me how to parse this json payload and use in Kibana

(system) closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.