.NET IIS Auto Profiler Instrumentation Stuck and Not showing in Kibana Windows

Hi, I've installed elasticsearch, kibana and APM Server on windows environment. Then I have .Net application run on IIS in another windows computer (client side) in the same network. I've following this guide:

But the APM service for that .Net IIS didn't show in the Kibana on the server side. I've tried using java or standalone .Net API from client side. Both can send data to APM server using respective APM Agent. But only this .NET application that run on IIS that not shown the data in Kibana.

Here are our .Net environment attached to C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config:

$appcmd = "$($env:systemroot)\system32\inetsrv\AppCmd.exe"
$appPool = "test1.localdev.info" 
$profilerHomeDir = "C:\website\WebApplication2\WebApplication2\APMProfiler" 
$environment = @{
  CORECLR_ENABLE_PROFILING = "1"
  CORECLR_PROFILER = "{FA65FE15-F085-4681-9B20-95E04F6C03CC}"
  CORECLR_PROFILER_PATH = "$profilerHomeDir\elastic_apm_profiler.dll"
  ELASTIC_APM_PROFILER_HOME = "$profilerHomeDir"
  ELASTIC_APM_PROFILER_INTEGRATIONS = "$profilerHomeDir\integrations.yml"
  ELASTIC_APM_SERVER_URL = "http://172.16.1.44:8200"
  ELASTIC_APM_SERVICE_NAME = "IIS-test-162"
  ELASTIC_APM_SERVICE_NODE_NAME = "IIS-test-node-162"
  ELASTIC_APM_ENABLED = "true"
  ELASTIC_APM_PROFILER_LOG = "debug"
  ELASTIC_APM_PROFILER_LOG_DIR = "$profilerHomeDir\ProfilerLogs"
  COMPlus_LoaderOptimization = "1" 
}

$environment.Keys | ForEach-Object {
  & $appcmd set config -section:system.applicationHost/applicationPools /+"[name='$appPool'].environmentVariables.[name='$_',value='$($environment[$_])']"
}

I've setup all the .NET dependencies and enabling all respective windows feature. I've also restart the service following the guide above. I've open the firewall and successfully access the APM Server from client side.
MicrosoftTeams-image (2)

Kibana version : kibana-8.4.3-windows-x86_64
APM Server version : apm-server-8.4.3-windows-x86_64.
Elasticsearch version : elasticsearch-8.4.3-windows-x86_64
Profiler version :elastic_apm_profiler_1.18.0

I'm Using IIS 10.

I've allowing app pool to access the profiler directory.

Here some other condition from this issue:

1. there are several servers with the same configuration, can successfully send traces to kibana in server side. This happen after I tried running dotnet run command for other application. I hope that the profiler can run normally without any other application impact.
  2. Log from the profiler not generated (when it should be auto generated) which mean the Profiler is stuck or not loaded by IIS.

Hope this is enough information to figure out the issue or what we did wrong. Please let me know if more information is required. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Update:
Here I found the log shown there is some errror below.

That error seems like refer to this file.

Is there any sugestion for the version I used or there is some dependencies that I miss?
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.