New Document not getting added by fscrawler

I have added 'Rule engine evaluation.docx' in c:\tmp\es
I have run the 'touch' command for the above file.
The file is not getting added in the index.

Following is the output for fscrawler job execution for the above file in debug mode

16:23:46,331 DEBUG [f.p.e.c.f.f.FsCrawlerUtil] computeVirtualPathName(C:\tmp\es, C:\tmp\es\Rule engine evaluation.docx) = /Rule engine evaluation.docx
16:23:46,334 DEBUG [f.p.e.c.f.f.FsCrawlerUtil] directory = [false], filename = [/Rule engine evaluation.docx], includes = [null], excludes = [[/~]]
16:23:46,344 DEBUG [f.p.e.c.f.f.FsCrawlerUtil] filename = [/Rule engine evaluation.docx], excludes = [[/~]]
16:23:46,346 DEBUG [f.p.e.c.f.f.FsCrawlerUtil] filename = [/Rule engine evaluation.docx], includes = [null]
16:23:46,354 DEBUG [f.p.e.c.f.FsParserAbstract] [/Rule engine evaluation.docx] can be indexed: [true]
16:23:46,361 DEBUG [f.p.e.c.f.FsParserAbstract] - file: /Rule engine evaluation.docx
16:23:46,363 DEBUG [f.p.e.c.f.FsParserAbstract] fetching content from [C:\tmp\es],[Rule engine evaluation.docx]
16:23:46,370 DEBUG [f.p.e.c.f.f.FsCrawlerUtil] computeVirtualPathName(C:\tmp\es, C:\tmp\es\Rule engine evaluation.docx) = /Rule engine evaluation.docx
16:23:47,138 DEBUG [f.p.e.c.f.FsParserAbstract] Indexing localfolder_job/ec8359577293fd45f98652ffae354dd?pipeline=null

But actually the above document i.e. 'Rule engine evaluation.docx' is not added in the index (Not able to get it with elasticsearch '_search' api)

I am executing fscrawler in Windows 10
fscrawer version is - fscrawler-es7-2.7-20191210.051423-63
elasticsearch version is - elasticsearch-7.3.0-windows-x86_64

IF I restart the job then also the document is not going to get added in the index.

Welcome!

How do you search for this document?
Could you run the same test with --trace ?

When I run the search API from tool like Postman with following url
http://localhost:9200/localfolder_job/_search
It is not returning the above document in the result.

If I run with --trace still it is not adding the doc.

Please format your code, logs or configuration files using </> icon as explained in this guide and not the citation button. It will make your post more readable.

Or use markdown style like:

```
CODE
```

This is the icon to use if you are not using markdown format:

There's a live preview panel for exactly this reasons.

Lots of people read these forums, and many of them will simply skip over a post that is difficult to read, because it's just too large an investment of their time to try and follow a wall of badly formatted text.
If your goal is to get an answer to your questions, it's in your interest to make it as easy to read and understand as possible.
Please update your post.

Could you share the full logs?
Could you share the output of your search request?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.