No Index Creation

Kibana version:

Elasticsearch version:

APM Server version:

APM Agent language and version:
django + elastic-apm==4.2.2

Browser version:
Chrome

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version:
docker

Fresh install or upgraded from other version?
fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc.
nothing special - output to elastic-search

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

All info is described here: https://github.com/elastic/apm-server/issues/2495

Steps to reproduce:

1. send logs from django app to apm
  2. no index created, also no error on apm console

Errors in browser console (if relevant):
none

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):
logs and server output located here https://github.com/elastic/apm-server/issues/2495

The logs you linked in the issue do show the incoming requests from the agents, but nothing else. This is usually a sign for properly indexing data, as otherwise you should see errors logged to the apm-server output.

You mentioned that no indices are created. Can you verify this by e.g. calling curl apm-server-host:port/_cat/indices/apm* and check if there are apm indices returned. Maybe the data are there actually indexed but not properly shown by the Kibana UI.

I beleive you mean curl my ES server. I have done that. Looks like the index is actually there

green open apm-6.8.1-2019.07.25 q242icMQT_W-qJO_0lKhtQ 1 1 261 0 542.3kb 300.2kb

So seems kibana isnt picking up the index.

I have went into managment on kibana and created a new index pattern(apm-*) but it does not see the indexes.

I figured out my issue. I had to allow the index to be accessible. My user role didnt now allow me to see it.

I am all good now!