(no subject)

Hello,

It seems that PercolateResponse returns only the names of the matched queries. There is no built-in way to return fields attached to the registered query. (e.g. color field in examples). Am I correct?

Currently I am issuing an additional get operation (using query name) to retrieve field values (color : blue) .

Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Ahmet

It seems that PercolateResponse returns only the names of
the matched queries. There is no built-in way to return
fields attached to the registered query. (e.g. color field
in examples). Am I correct?

Currently I am issuing an additional get operation (using
query name) to retrieve field values (color : blue) .

Is there a better way?

I am sorry, I hit the send button accidentally. Without writing the title of the message.

When you say field values what do you mean? Yea, your assumption is correct, only the queries that matched are returned.

On Monday, July 4, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Ahmet Arslan wrote:

Hello,

It seems that PercolateResponse returns only the names of the matched queries. There is no built-in way to return fields attached to the registered query. (e.g. color field in examples). Am I correct?

Currently I am issuing an additional get operation (using query name) to retrieve field values (color : blue) .

Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Ahmet

Thanks for the response, Shay.

: When you say field values what do you mean?

I mean the fields attached to the percolator query. For instance
"color" : "blue", in the following example.

curl -XPUT localhost:9200/_percolator/test/kuku -d '{
"color" : "blue",
"query" : {
"term" : {
"field1" : "value1"
}
}
}'

If a document matches the query kuku, I want to retrieve the 'color : blue' as well as 'kuku'.

: Yea, your assumption is
: correct, only the queries that matched are returned.

I have a use-case where I add several fields / meta-data (owner of the query for example) to the queries. I want to return them in the response as well as name of the matching query.

I am going to take some action according to these meta-data like fields.

Do you think is there a workaround to save and retrieve such additional data in Percolator API?

Thanks,
Ahmet