NoClassDefFound running bin/plugin on 0.18.3


(Joel Barciauskas) #1

I'm getting this:

./plugin

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /opt/
elasticsearch/lib/jline-0/9/94/jar
Caused by:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .opt.elasticsearch.lib.jline-0.9.94.jar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:
301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Could not find the main class: /opt/elasticsearch/lib/
jline-0.9.94.jar. Program will exit.

The only other result in the mailing list similar to this said to add
CDPATH="" to the script, but it's there now in 0.18.3

Any thoughts?


(Shay Banon) #2

Use 0.18.4, there was a bug in the plugin script in 0.18.3.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Joel Barciauskas <
jbarciauskas@bluestatedigital.com> wrote:

I'm getting this:

./plugin

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /opt/
elasticsearch/lib/jline-0/9/94/jar
Caused by:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .opt.elasticsearch.lib.jline-0.9.94.jar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:
301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Could not find the main class: /opt/elasticsearch/lib/
jline-0.9.94.jar. Program will exit.

The only other result in the mailing list similar to this said to add
CDPATH="" to the script, but it's there now in 0.18.3

Any thoughts?


(Joel Barciauskas) #3

Ok, is there a guide to upgrading somewhere? Can I just replace the
elasticsearch.jar file in the lib directory and restart?

On Nov 22, 10:33 am, Shay Banon kim...@gmail.com wrote:

Use 0.18.4, there was a bug in the plugin script in 0.18.3.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Joel Barciauskas <

jbarciaus...@bluestatedigital.com> wrote:

I'm getting this:

./plugin

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /opt/
elasticsearch/lib/jline-0/9/94/jar
Caused by:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .opt.elasticsearch.lib.jline-0.9.94.jar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:
301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Could not find the main class: /opt/elasticsearch/lib/
jline-0.9.94.jar. Program will exit.

The only other result in the mailing list similar to this said to add
CDPATH="" to the script, but it's there now in 0.18.3

Any thoughts?


(Shay Banon) #4

In general, when you upgrade, you can simply unpack the new version, point
the data location to the new one, and update relevant configs. In this
case, you can simply replace the plugin file, which is the only change
between 0.18.3 and 0.18.4, but I suggest using the "official" 0.18.4
version to remove confusion.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Joel Barciauskas <
jbarciauskas@bluestatedigital.com> wrote:

Ok, is there a guide to upgrading somewhere? Can I just replace the
elasticsearch.jar file in the lib directory and restart?

On Nov 22, 10:33 am, Shay Banon kim...@gmail.com wrote:

Use 0.18.4, there was a bug in the plugin script in 0.18.3.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Joel Barciauskas <

jbarciaus...@bluestatedigital.com> wrote:

I'm getting this:

./plugin

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /opt/
elasticsearch/lib/jline-0/9/94/jar
Caused by:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
.opt.elasticsearch.lib.jline-0.9.94.jar

   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:
  1. at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    Could not find the main class: /opt/elasticsearch/lib/
    jline-0.9.94.jar. Program will exit.

The only other result in the mailing list similar to this said to add
CDPATH="" to the script, but it's there now in 0.18.3

Any thoughts?


(system) #5