Node failed to join

Hi

I am relatively new to elasticsearch. I installed elasticsearch oss 7.7.0 a couple of days ago on two Ubuntu 18.04.3. I want to form a test cluster with 2 nodes - one master and ingest and the other only data. I configured both the nodes. Then, I restarted the service and the cluster does not seem to be forming. The cluster-name.log file indicates a bad request.

test_odex2 is master, ingest node
test_odex1 is data node

[2020-07-01T15:06:26,560][INFO ][o.e.c.c.JoinHelper       ] [test_odex1] failed to join {test_odex2}{Y1FOygToRmKfWeClxqKcjQ}{qiJUWOiKQ0mkQHy3CL1L9g}{master-ip}{master-ip:9300}{imr} with JoinRequest{sourceNode={test_odex1}{lIigyxrETCO-QX7Oyae2_A}{-gn3_rGDRySwb1Uec9LIgg}{data-node-ip}{data-node-ip:9300}{dr}, minimumTerm=5, optionalJoin=Optional[Join{term=5, lastAcceptedTerm=2, lastAcceptedVersion=15, sourceNode={test_odex1}{lIigyxrETCO-QX7Oyae2_A}{-gn3_rGDRySwb1Uec9LIgg}{data-node-ip}{data-node-ip:9300}{dr}, targetNode={test_odex2}{Y1FOygToRmKfWeClxqKcjQ}{qiJUWOiKQ0mkQHy3CL1L9g}{master-ip}{master-ip:9300}{imr}}]}
org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException: [test_odex2][master-ip:9300][internal:cluster/coordination/join]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: failure when sending a validation request to node
        at org.elasticsearch.cluster.coordination.Coordinator$2.onFailure(Coordinator.java:514) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionListenerResponseHandler.handleException(ActionListenerResponseHandler.java:59) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$ContextRestoreResponseHandler.handleException(TransportService.java:1139) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at org.elasticsearch.transport.InboundHandler.lambda$handleException$2(InboundHandler.java:244) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingRunnable.run(ThreadContext.java:633) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?]
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException: [test_odex1][192.168.252.201:9300][internal:cluster/coordination/join/validate]
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.cluster.coordination.CoordinationStateRejectedException: join validation on cluster state with a different cluster uuid K-GeJONfS5CWk8cB7ELoog than local cluster uuid WJtDxVYoTR2795eXzLOJVg, rejecting
        at org.elasticsearch.cluster.coordination.JoinHelper.lambda$new$4(JoinHelper.java:153) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at com.amazon.opendistro.elasticsearch.performanceanalyzer.transport.PerformanceAnalyzerTransportRequestHandler.messageReceived(PerformanceAnalyzerTransportRequestHandler.java:43) ~[?:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.transport.RequestHandlerRegistry.processMessageReceived(RequestHandlerRegistry.java:63) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at org.elasticsearch.transport.InboundHandler$RequestHandler.doRun(InboundHandler.java:264) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingAbstractRunnable.doRun(ThreadContext.java:692) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37) ~[elasticsearch-7.7.0.jar:7.7.0]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) ~[?:?]

I'm using the default certs and keys and discover_seed_hosts only has the master ip for both nodes.

What is not working here?

Thanks
Aakash

It looks like the node joining has been started as part of a different cluster. Try deleting the data folder and try again.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.