Node is not added to the cluster

I created a cluster for five nodes. However, one of the nodes does not see the rest and creates a cluster where this node is the only participant. I do everything in the same way on all nodes. Here is its config:

cluster.name: lynx
node.name: poi-1
node.master: true
node.data: true
network.bind_host: 0.0.0.0
network.host: 10.10.10.13
http.port: 9200
discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: [“10.10.10.11”, “10.10.10.12”, “10.10.10.13”, “10.10.10.14”, “10.10.10.15”]

ps: I already had a cluster with this name on these nodes, I parsed it, there were reasons for this.

Please tell me how can I fix this?

Glad that I could help! :grinning:

1 Like

At the moment, you have provided moral support image
But the problem with the cluster persists)

It looks like you are running an older version of Elasticsearch (up to 6.x). If all your nodes are master eligible you need to set minimum_master_nodes to 3 in order to avoid split-brain scenarios and multiple separate clusters forming.

1 Like

Yes, that's what I did - I only use three nodes as a master. And all five nodes as a "node.data".

For my problem, maybe I need to clear the old cluster data? I just don’t know how to do it. On other servers there was the same problem, each of them saw only himself in a cluster, I ran this command: curl -XDELETE localhost:9200/_all (the current data is not very important to me, this is a test cluster) And after that four nodes gathered into a cluster, all but one.

If you have 3 master eligible node you must set minimum_master_nodes to 2 unless you are using Elasticsearch 7.x. I do not see this set in your config above.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I read about discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes - this is a really important parameter for cluster integrity!

Thank you very much again! I did it!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.