Nodes out of memory with completion suggester / ngrams

Hello,

I am still using Elasticsearch 5.6 version

I have an index with a completion suggest field and also a text field with edge ngram size 3 to 10 [i don't query both of them at the same time]…. so I got few queries which use the completion suggest field and few which use the edge ngram text field

lately I have been seeing memory usage/cpu spike on the nodes with shards from this index ... and these nodes are experiencing out of memory/garbage collection issues.. eventually crashing.

So clearly we are having issues with this index… do y'all think its because I have both completion suggest field and edge ngram field on the same index? [i know it sounds silly] or is it it one of these fields is causing the issue

more info: this index is like 220mb, 56k records with 3 shards one replica… also like 20k requests per hour
yesterday i updated this to only have one shard instead of three, to see if that helps.

any insight is greatly appreciated! thanks!

Elasticsearch 5.6 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.