None of the nodes are available / exception caught on transport layer , closing connection

I have an embedded Elastic Search instance running inside an Apache Karaf container and am getting some intermittent errors when loading data.

On investigation, I sometimes get an 'exception caught on transport layer , closing connection' prior to the problem occurring, I then get 'None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{127.0.0.1}{localhost/127.0.0.1:9300}]'.

Occasionally I just get just get the second error. It usually happens under load where my code is opening / closing connections and persisting data in elastic. In some cases it will run through many thousands of records prior to failing and on others it will fail almost immediately.

I have seen a lot of posts where people are getting connection problems, but, havent seen any where it's happening intermittently.

The OS is Centos, and it's running inside a vagrant / virtualbox container.

I have a client connection factory which is getting a connection as shown below :-

client = this.builder.build()
		.addTransportAddress(new InetSocketTransportAddress(InetAddress.getByName(host), port)); 

Being the embedded version of elastic supplied with karaf decanter, it is running E S 2.2.0.1.

It only seems to happen under load, the interactive elements of the application that store, search, retrieve small numbers of documents all behave (although being intermittent maybe we're just being lucky).

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Gary

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.