NoNodeAvailableException, cannot connect Java API and Elasticsearch

(Magic Zou) #1

Hi all,

I am new to elasticsearch. I want to use Java API to communicate with ES cluster.
This is my code right now:

Settings settings = ImmutableSettings.settingsBuilder()
			.put("client.transport.ping_timeout", "15s")
	        .put("client.transport.sniff", false)
	        .put("client.transport.nodes_sampler_interval", "15s")
	        .put("cluster.name", "storyteller")
	        .build();

Client client = new TransportClient(settings)
	        .addTransportAddress(new InetSocketTransportAddress(XXX.XX.XXX.XX:9200));

SearchResponse response = client.prepareSearch()
	        .setQuery(QueryBuilders.termQuery("hashtags", target))             // Query
	        .execute()
	        .actionGet();

The exception happens when SearchResponse is compiled at .execute();

The error message is this:

2015-07-13 12:01:30.053  INFO 48741 --- [nio-8081-exec-9] org.elasticsearch.plugins [Constrictor] loaded [], sites []
  2015-07-13 12:01:30.397  INFO 48741 --- [io-8081-exec-10] org.elasticsearch.plugins                : [Wanda Maximoff] loaded [], sites []
  2015-07-13 12:01:45.175  INFO 48741 --- [][generic][T#2]] org.elasticsearch.client.transport       : [Constrictor] failed to get local cluster state for [#transport#-1][sea-zoushi-XX][inet[/XXX.XX.XXX.XX:9200]], disconnecting...

org.elasticsearch.transport.ReceiveTimeoutTransportException: [][inet[/XXX.XX.XXX.XX:9200]][cluster:monitor/state] request_id [0] timed out after [15004ms]
   at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$TimeoutHandler.run(TransportService.java:529)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2015-07-13 12:01:45.183 ERROR 48741 --- [nio-8081-exec-9] o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[.[dispatcherServlet]      : Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path [/storytellerconsumer] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is            org.elasticsearch.client.transport.NoNodeAvailableException: None of the configured nodes are available: []] with root cause

org.elasticsearch.client.transport.NoNodeAvailableException: None of the configured nodes are available: []
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:305)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execute(TransportClientNodesService.java:200)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.support.InternalTransportClient.execute(InternalTransportClient.java:106)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.search(AbstractClient.java:338)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.search(TransportClient.java:430)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequestBuilder.doExecute(SearchRequestBuilder.java:1112)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:91)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:65)
at com.cdk.storyteller.consumer.domain.MessageStore.search(MessageStore.java:106)

To be clear, I want to link to the ES which is created by docker, and I am using the IP of the ES on the grid.

I have searched a lot of related materials and discussions.
But I really do not know where the error could be.
Please help me.

Thank you in advance,
Shiqi

(Harlin) #2

this is your problem, use port 9300 for the transport client not 9200

(Magic Zou) #3

Thank you for replying.

I tried to use 9300 as the transport client, and I got a even more confusing error.

2015-07-13 12:57:11.830  INFO 48808 --- [nio-8081-exec-8] org.elasticsearch.plugins                : [Anti-Phoenix Force] loaded [], sites []
2015-07-13 12:57:11.961 ERROR 48808 --- [nio-8081-exec-8] o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[.[dispatcherServlet]      : Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path [/storytellerconsumer] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is   org.elasticsearch.client.transport.NoNodeAvailableException: None of the configured nodes are available: []] with root cause

org.elasticsearch.client.transport.NoNodeAvailableException: None of the configured nodes are available: []
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:305)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execute(TransportClientNodesService.java:200)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.support.InternalTransportClient.execute(InternalTransportClient.java:106)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.search(AbstractClient.java:338)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.search(TransportClient.java:430)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequestBuilder.doExecute(SearchRequestBuilder.java:1112)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:91)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:65)
at com.cdk.storyteller.consumer.domain.MessageStore.search(MessageStore.java:106)

(Harlin) #4

Only other two things I can think of is either the cluster name is wrong or port 9300 isn't open.

(Magic Zou) #5

I have create a a elasticsearch.yml file under src/main/resources/.
The content for it is:
"cluster.name: storyteller"
I am not sure whether it is the correct way to do it.

Or should I initialize the cluster's name when I create a cluster.
But I am using docker to create elastic search, so the cluster's name would be created when calling docker?

(Magic Zou) #6

If I change the IP address to docker's ip or localhost ip, and port to 9300.
I get this:

2015-07-13 13:45:55.056  INFO 49188 --- [nio-8081-exec-8] org.elasticsearch.plugins                : [Vindaloo] loaded [], sites []
2015-07-13 13:45:55.145  WARN 49188 --- [nio-8081-exec-8] org.elasticsearch.client.transport       : [Vindaloo] node null not part of the cluster Cluster [storyteller], ignoring...
2015-07-13 13:45:55.155 ERROR 49188 --- [nio-8081-exec-8] o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[.[dispatcherServlet]      : Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path [/storytellerconsumer] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is org.elasticsearch.client.transport.NoNodeAvailableException: None of the configured nodes are available: []] with root cause

(Harlin) #7

The cluster name should be kept in elasticsearch.yml like you said. Though I can't say for sure ES is finding the right file. The default ES cluster name is just "elasticsearch". Try sending a request to that cluster name instead and see what happens.

Transport Client not getting connected 5.6.3 Java API
(Magic Zou) #8

After I changed the cluster name to elasticsearch, I get this:

2015-07-13 13:55:35.763  INFO 49199 --- [nio-8081-exec-8] org.elasticsearch.plugins                : [Anomalito] loaded [], sites []
2015-07-13 13:55:36.219  INFO 49199 --- [nio-8081-exec-9] org.elasticsearch.plugins                : [Capricorn] loaded [], sites []
2015-07-13 13:56:05.944 ERROR 49199 --- [nio-8081-exec-8] o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[.[dispatcherServlet]      : Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path [/storytellerconsumer] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is org.elasticsearch.client.transport.NoNodeAvailableException: None of the configured nodes are available: []] with root cause

(Harlin) #9

I would recommend taking a step back and installing the Head plugin so you can get a view of your cluster, it will also display the cluster name at the top.

Also maybe try sending a simple index request from the command line to make sure you can connect to your cluster at all.

(Magic Zou) #11

Thank you!

(qasim) #12

This is the issue of version. follow this link to look into details

(system) #13