NoSuchFileException while restoring snapshot

Hi all,

I am trying to work on snapshots and restore on ES 5.6
I was having a similar issue on my cluster.

I am using a 5 node cluster with 1 master and 5 datanodes.
While restoring I am getting nosuchfileexception.
It is going to find the snap-****.dat file inside index-name directorypresent inside indices, but the file is not present at that location. But at the master node the .dat file is present at my path.repo location.

Is the (.dat)file not created inside the index-name directory because the folder is not mounted.

Also can you please explain which directory has to be mounted. I have same path.repo on all the nodes. Is it the master node directory whose path.repo location has to be mounted on rest 4 nodes. Can you please explain this in detail.

Thanks
kartikbatheja@gmail.com

You must mount the same path.repo location on all master and data nodes. All nodes must be able to see that shared filesystem location. So if path.repo references a folder on the master node, then all data nodes must be able to see that location.

Note, however, that it is not a good idea to mount a folder present on the master node on all data nodes. Especially since you have only a single master node (=single point of failure).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.