Not able to change Kibana custom logo in 7.10

I am trying to customize the Kibana UI with custom message and logo, i tried following the guide published here - Custom Logo Kibana 7.10.0 (guide)
However, when run the npx command after making changes for login logo and text i get following error.

~# npx gzip-cli /usr/share/kibana/x-pack/plugins/security/target/public/security.chunk.4.js -e=gz -e=br
        npx: installed 16 in 3.921s
        (node:1183) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: compressionMethod is not a function
            at resolve (/root/.npm/_npx/1183/lib/node_modules/gzip-cli/dist/index.js:208:19)
            at new Promise (<anonymous>)
            at compressFile (/root/.npm/_npx/1183/lib/node_modules/gzip-cli/dist/index.js:206:12)
            at Promise.all.outputExtension.map.extension (/root/.npm/_npx/1183/lib/node_modules/gzip-cli/dist/index.js:202:61)
            at Array.map (<anonymous>)
            at compressFile (/root/.npm/_npx/1183/lib/node_modules/gzip-cli/dist/index.js:202:44)
            at compressPattern (/root/.npm/_npx/1183/lib/node_modules/gzip-cli/dist/index.js:224:15)
            at compressPattern.next (<anonymous>)
            at handlePatterns (/root/.npm/_npx/1183/lib/node_modules/gzip-cli/dist/index.js:215:16)
            at handlePatterns.next (<anonymous>)
        (node:1183) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 2)
        (node:1183) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I'm able to gzip the js file with npx command, however, Kibana dashboard doesn't reflect the custom login message. I am assuming this could be due to version difference. Does anybody know which version of npm/npx is needed to gzip the file?

npm shouldn't be the difference here, it is gzip-cli. Can you try and install a newer version of that?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.