Elasticsearch version (
JVM version (
Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior:
With proper Filebeat and Logstash configuration, index should be created in Elasticsearch, but it is not able to create a new index when the log file is unchanged. It is obvious that it should not override the existing Index if there is no change in the log file but it is also not able to create a new index for an unchanged log file. If we create a small change in the log file then it is able to create a new index.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install Filebeat, logstash and Elasticsearch
- Set filebeat configurations to read from a log file and send it to logstash.
- Set logstash configuration to create new index in Elasticsearch with input as beats.
- Once index is created delete it.
- no new index will be created now until there is a change in log file.
- Change index name in Logstash configuration and create new index.
- Even when the index name is changed it will not be able to create new index.
- Make any changes in the log file, Index will be created.