Not able to do sum operation (Sum operation getting error)

Hi ,

Recently I have migrated to grafana 7.0+ .The same query I used to run previously is not running now.

Sample JSON LOG:

<2020-07-31 06:31:56>:<Item_Des_doc_id>:<High>:<Pen>:<Datbase>:<location>:<Item_Des>:<Item_Id>:<2020-07-31 02:05:44>:<Xy>:<Xy>:<100>
<2020-07-31 06:31:56>:<Item_Des_doc_id>:<High>:<pencil>:<Datbase>:<location>:<Item_Des>:<Item_Id>:<2020-07-31 02:05:44>:<Xy>:<Xy>:<100>

Sample JSON Pattern:
"<%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:date}>:<%{DATA:document_id}>:<%{DATA:Cat}>:<%{DATA:item}>:<%{DATA:database}>:<%{DATA:location}>:<%{DATA:Item_Des}>:<%{NUMBER:Item_Id}>:<%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:Timestamp}>:<%{DATA:brand_type}>:<%{DATA:brand_CATEGORY}>:<%{DATA:totrec}>"

Objective: based on brand_type I want to sum totrec with grouping the item.

The issue is regrading to perform sum on one of my field.
The previous setup that worked fine:

After Upgrade:

After upgrade I tried below but got error as “Text fields are not optimised for operations that require per-document field data like aggregations and sorting, so these operations are disabled by default. Please use a keyword field instead. Alternatively, set fielddata=true on [totrec] in order to load field data by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can use significant memory.”

So I tried with keyword option and I am getting error as “Field [totrec.keyword] of type [keyword(indexed,omitNorms,indexOptions=DOCS)] is not supported for aggregation
[sum]”

I tried to set it as fielddate= true but then I am getting same above error

Could anyone help me please.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.