Not able to execute rally track as many process running already

Hi,
I have a single node elasticsearch cluster in a kubernetes cluster.
Also Rally installed in a separate docker container in same namespace where ES is running.

I am able to run default track "geonames" and test completed successfully against the Es cluster.
But not able to export the result to csv file. Also after the below error comes, not able to execute any other test tracks.

Test:
esrally --track=geonames --target-hosts=17.99.251.106:9200 --pipeline=benchmark-only

Error:
[ERROR] Cannot race. There are other Rally processes running on this machine (PIDs: [52, 53, 75, 96, 98, 100, 101]) but only one Rally benchmark is allowed to run at the same time. Please check and terminate these processes and retry again.

Please help me on this.

Those existing rally processes typically mean that a rally run is executing currently, or a rally run was not shut down properly. You should be able to just kill the processes and rerun your benchmark.

If you find this is reproducible without you shutting down rally improperly, it very well could indicate a bug.

I tried killing the process by using below.

ps -ef
kill pid

ps -ef

PID USER TIME COMMAND
1 root 0:00 python3
6 root 0:00 sh
38 root 0:00 [esrally]
39 root 0:00 [esrally]
40 root 0:00 [esrally]
41 root 0:00 {esrally} /usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/bin/esrally --track=geonames --track-params=bulk_size:10000,clients:20 --target-hosts=:9200 --pipeline
62 root 0:00 [esrally]
63 root 0:02 {esrally} /usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/bin/esrally --track=geonames --track-params=bulk_size:10000,clients:20 --target-hosts=
:9200 --pipeline
64 root 0:57 {esrally} /usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/bin/esrally --track=geonames --track-params=bulk_size:10000,clients:20 --target-hosts=*****:9200 --pipeline
85 root 0:00 sh
92 root 0:00 ps -ef

But it seems to be processes are not getting killed.
Please let me know how to kill the running esrally processes inside a docker container.

Please let me know how to kill the running esrally processes inside a docker container.

Killing a rally process in docker is no different from killing any process in docker. There are some suggestions here from a quick google search.

You may want to also kill -9 the processes.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.