Novice:something wrong with configuration error

I am a beginner in ELK and this is my first try in running logstash.I followed the following step:

1. Created a config file(ANSI encoding) in my local C:\logstash-1.5.2\conf\logstash_test.config.The contents are as below(I am just trying to run, I don't have much idea about the below contents):
    input { stdin { } }

filter {
grok {
match => { "message" => "%{COMBINEDAPACHELOG}" }
}
date {
match => [ "timestamp" , "dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss Z" ]
}
}

output {
elasticsearch { hosts => ["localhost:9200"] }
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}
2) I ran the below command
logstash -f C:\logstash-1.5.2\conf\logstash_test.config
3) I am getting an error
io/console not supported; tty will not be manipulated
←[31mUnknown setting 'hosts' for elasticsearch {:level=>:error}←[0m
Error: Something is wrong with your configuration.
You may be interested in the '--configtest' flag which you can
use to validate logstash's configuration before you choose
to restart a running system.

Other details
Logstash version: 1.5.2

Kindly help.

I replaced hosts with host and it moved ahead-startup completed.Now I pasted the following line into the terminal so it will be processed by the stdin input.
127.0.0.1 - - [11/Dec/2013:00:01:45 -0800] "GET /xampp/status.php HTTP/1.1" 200 3891 "http://cadenza/xampp/navi.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0"

I get the below error.Kindly help.

9; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0"
←[31mGot error to send bulk of actions: blocked by: [SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE/1/state
not recovered / initialized];[SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE/2/no master]; {:level=>:error
}←[0m
←[33mFailed to flush outgoing items {:outgoing_count=>1, :exception=>org.elastic
search.cluster.block.ClusterBlockException: blocked by: [SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE/1/s
tate not recovered / initialized];[SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE/2/no master];, :backtrace
=>["org.elasticsearch.cluster.block.ClusterBlocks.globalBlockedException(org/ela
sticsearch/cluster/block/ClusterBlocks.java:151)", "org.elasticsearch.cluster.bl
ock.ClusterBlocks.globalBlockedRaiseException(org/elasticsearch/cluster/block/Cl
usterBlocks.java:141)", "org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportBulkAction.execu
teBulk(org/elasticsearch/action/bulk/TransportBulkAction.java:210)", "org.elasti
csearch.action.bulk.TransportBulkAction.access$000(org/elasticsearch/action/bulk
/TransportBulkAction.java:73)", "org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportBulkActi
on$1.onFailure(org/elasticsearch/action/bulk/TransportBulkAction.java:148)", "or
g.elasticsearch.action.support.TransportAction$ThreadedActionListener$2.run(org/
elasticsearch/action/support/TransportAction.java:137)", "java.util.concurrent.T
hreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)",
"java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(java/util/concurrent/Thread
PoolExecutor.java:615)", "java.lang.Thread.run(java/lang/Thread.java:745)"], :le
vel=>:warn}←[0m

What's the state of ES(health) and does ES logs have anything while you run Elasticsearch.