NullPointerException when build a transportclient with version 2.3.2

Hi, My team used elasticsearch for the previous two projects, which are all running well in the server. I am currently working on another one using it, which also works well my local server. But when I deployed it on my beta environment, a problem occurred which did not happen in my local tomcat. All the jdk version in server is 1.7.0_80. Could anyone tells me what might be the reason causing the this problem, and whether there is a solution to it? Looking forward to your reply, many thanks!

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.logging.Logger.doSetParent(Logger.java:1615)
at java.util.logging.Logger.getAnonymousLogger(Logger.java:537)
at java.util.logging.Logger.getAnonymousLogger(Logger.java:498)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorShell$LoggerFactory.get(InjectorShell.java:241)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorShell$LoggerFactory.get(InjectorShell.java:236)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorImpl$5$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:828)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:880)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorImpl$5.get(InjectorImpl.java:823)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InheritingState.makeAllBindingsToEagerSingletons(InheritingState.java:157)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorImpl.readOnlyAllSingletons(InjectorImpl.java:909)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.ModulesBuilder.createInjector(ModulesBuilder.java:50)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient$Builder.build(TransportClient.java:160)

Hey,

is it possible that you are missing log4j or slf4j as a dependency in your tomcat project?

--Alex

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.