Only 1 span per request - .net 4.6.1

Hello,

I'm currently having some issue configuration our applications with APM.
We are running .net Framework 4.6.1 and I managed to have the transactions showing up on Kibana.
Problem is, all transactions have one 1 span. I tried updating the System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource package to the latest version, but I still get the same result.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @LaurentV,

what other span would you expect there? Asking because this really depends on what your application is doing. There was a very similar discussion here . Maybe that's worth looking at.

Hello @GregKalapos,

Thank you for your support. For example, I would expect a span to be created when we call an external API (in this case via WCF). I also tried to instrument EF but with no success so far. But I guess that is another issue.

Thanks

Hey @LaurentV

I would expect a span to be created when we call an external API (in this case via WCF)

If you call it with the HttpClient class then it should show up. If you call it with some older technology or it's not HTTP binding then it's unfortunately not supported at this point.

I also tried to instrument EF but with no success so far. But I guess that is another issue.

I'm not sure here, here we have info on that. Also if it's talking to SQL Server, maybe this part could also help.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.