Option List Visualization

Hi,

I have made a option list visualization for a field that has 50 unique values (type keyword) but in option list shows only the 10 of these unique values.
I 've read that option visualization is based on terms aggregation and by default will return the buckets for the top ten terms ordered by the doc_count.
I 've made some tries to increase the values returned from the aggregation. That are the below:

a)
GET /data-2020-04-03/_search
{
"terminate_after":10000,
"aggs" : {
"genres" : {
"terms" : { "field" : "name.keyword"
}
}
}
} ----> It returns again 10 values

b)
GET /fmdata-cfx01-2020-04-03/_search
{
"size": 0,
"terms" : { "field" : "vnfc_name.keyword",
"size" : 10000
}
}
}
} ----> It returns all the unique values

c)
{
"terms" : { "field" : "vnfc_name.keyword",
"size" : 10000
}
}
}
} -----> It returns all the unique values

d)
{
"size": 0,
"terms" : { "field" : "vnfc_name.keyword"
}
}
}
} ----> It returns again 10 values

So I guess that a query such in (c) case would be solve the problem.
Is that the right way? Am I missing another option?

Also, how can I configure such a query that will give me alla the unique values in a option list visualization ?

Thank you in advance.

BR
Voula

Unfortunately you are right, the Option list only shows 10 results, because 10 is the default value returned by an term aggregation without specifying the size parameter.
If you start typing in the option list then you can have more chance to get the data you are looking for.
We have already an enhancement request here to allow arbitrary size, so please subscribe to this issue for further updates: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/47453

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.