Options List Control Ignores Filters and Queries

Please see original thread Options List Control Ignores Filters and Queries - Elastic Stack / Kibana - Discuss the Elastic Stack.

Why does no notification go out when a topic is about to close?

@Teresa_Alvarez ,

One clarification question, do you need to filter ONLY the control values or the whole dashboard?

The control values need to be filtered. My previous example of Metricbeat's MSSQL module is just one of many use cases. If I want to have a dashboard specifically for Metricbeat's MSSQL module, I only want that List Control to include devices where event.module: mssql. Without the ability to filter the options on the List Control, it really is worthless and defeats the entire idea of being able to filter the dataset. The control will show every single device with Metricbeat installed instead of just the small handful that have the MSSQL module enabled.

Eric

I can't help with your technical question, but this is a good point and I have made a change to the way we handle this to see if we can help get more responses to un-answered posts :slight_smile:

Thank you, @warkolm .

Still hoping to get some action on the List Control visualization. The original one just needed to be fixed, but instead, a new one was created that still does not function as it should.

Eric

Keeping this alive, as I adamantly feel Controls are severely lacking. Please just fix the filtering bug on the "legacy" controls, and do not deprecate them.

Keeping this open, as the new controls do not achieve a desired result.

Keeping this alive.

Nobody?

Ping

I have been using old control ( which was working) now 8.5.3 has display bug in control where background is white with white character and if you use new one it only display 10 value.
hmmm

The old controls have never worked properly for me before. If you save a filter within the control, the filter never worked. Yes, the dark theme is bugged with it as well.

Keeping this alive. This really needs to be fixed. I am severely disappointed that I am not getting any traction on this. I am working with our sales rep to get this resolved, but I want to keep this open in the meantime.

Keeping this alive. There needs to be a fix. The new controls do not work like the "legacy", but the legacy controls don't work.

You will have more luck on the GitHub issue than keeping this topic open :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.