org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchParseException: No processor type exists with name "my plugin name"

Elasticsearch version: 5.0.0

Plugins installed: my custom processor plugin

JVM version: 1.8.0_111

OS version: OSX El Capitan

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior:

1. I created my custom processor plugin with name "tax_date"
  2. I installed it using elasticsearch-plugin install command
  3. I removed the plugin using elasticsearch-remove command
  4. I kept getting error said that org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchParseException: No processor type exists with name tax_date
  5. Restart elasticsearch doesn't solve this issue.

Steps to reproduce:
same as above. I have ensured that my plugin was not there in "loaded plugin" list.

Provide logs (if relevant):

[2017-01-18T18:10:14,607][INFO ][o.e.n.Node               ] [WYiAAg0] started
[2017-01-18T18:10:15,368][WARN ][o.e.c.s.ClusterService   ] [WYiAAg0] failed to notify ClusterStateListener
org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchParseException: No processor type exists with name [tax_date]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.ConfigurationUtils.readProcessor(ConfigurationUtils.java:312) ~[elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.ConfigurationUtils.readProcessorConfigs(ConfigurationUtils.java:251) ~[elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.Pipeline$Factory.create(Pipeline.java:122) ~[elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.PipelineStore.innerUpdatePipelines(PipelineStore.java:79) ~[elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.PipelineStore.clusterChanged(PipelineStore.java:66) ~[elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.ClusterService.runTasksForExecutor(ClusterService.java:708) [elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.ClusterService$UpdateTask.run(ClusterService.java:894) [elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingRunnable.run(ThreadContext.java:444) [elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.runAndClean(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:237) [elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.run(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:200) [elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_111]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_111]

But did you remove existing ingest pipelines which are declaring this processor?

If you don't have any important data you can always restart from scratch and stop elasticsearch and remove its data dir. Note that it will erase all data, all licenses if you have any...

Hi @dadoonet

Wonderful suggestion! I didn't notice that pipeline will still exist even though you stop and start the elasticsearch.

So the cause is because I uninstalled the processor plugin but I forgot to remove the pipeline which use the plugin.

I solved this by executing DELETE _ingest/pipeline/my-plugin-name

Thank you @dadoonet :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.