Output to file

I am working on monitoring and debugging a closed up secured system, that can only output files to my main network (also not connected to the internet...).
I have decided to output the metricbeat logs into a file with the output.file option.
I am using the metricbeat to monitor windows systems, and have installed the metricbeat as a service on the systems with the provided script.

To my problem: i need the output of the metricbeat to go out to a UNC path, meaning to go to a network cifs share, and for the life of me i can not get it to work, i tried any combination of forward and backward backslashes, but i cant get it to work, i always get the mkdir error, and get a partial path in the logs, for example, if my UNC path is \servername\c$\metricbeat, it writes in the log it can not mkdir on \servername at best.

Can someone help please?

hi @DrProfSagi, can you confirm that the user you are running metricbeat as, has access to the network share and the permission to create directory and files?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.