Where in directory structure can collected metricbeat data be viewed?

The documentation data indicates location for persistent data files is /var/lib/metricbeat. That directory is empty and i have searched other locations containing metricbeat and data in path. I am getting data because I see entries similar to following present at /var/log/metricbeat/metricbeat:
INFO Non-zero metrics in the last 30s: fetches.system-memory.success-1 fetches.system-filename.success-1 fetches.system-process.events=83.
I am attempting to output data to Kafka but need to resolve a firewall issue first. Is it possible in any other location other than the log snippet shown above (from /var/log/metricbeat) to view the data being collected? Thanks.

Can you share your config file? You can enabled file or console output to have a look at the data that is generated.

Was there a specific section you wanted me to cut-and-paste?
logging section is as follows =>
logging.level: debug
logging.selectors: ["beat"]
logging.to_syslog: true

Only other populated section is the Kafka output where i have the "hosts:" and "topic:" fields specified. I will take a look at the two links you provided to see if i can see the actual data. The output snippet I included in first post (e.g. fetches.system-process.events=83, etc.) is not helpful to see what is actually being captured. Thank you.

Please have a look at the docs I posted. In case this didn't help, please post your full config file and quickly mention what didn't work about the console or file output.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.