Outputting to Kafka is failing with obscure error

I am using a Kafka output plugin to send syslogs to a topic but am encountering errors:

[org.apache.kafka.common.protocol.Errors][main] Unexpected error code: 87.

As well as the following:

KafkaProducer.send() failed: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.UnknownServerException: The server experienced an unexpected error when processing the request. {:exception=>java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.UnknownServerException: The server experienced an unexpected error when processing the request.}

I looked up the first error and found the following:

INVALID_RECORD(87, "This record has failed the validation on broker and hence will be rejected.", InvalidRecordException::new),

I am also outputting the logs to stdout and don't see anything that would cause Kafka to fail to ingest the logs. Here is an example of what the Kafka plugin should be consuming:

{
                "host" => "100-64-4-240.nginx-metrics-svc.ingress-nginx.svc.cluster.local",
                "type" => "syslog",
    "syslog_timestamp" => "2021-09-08T18:03:23.884+00:00",
                "port" => 10094,
             "message" => "6138faeb conn=1103689 fd=40 ACCEPT from IP=0.0.0.1:36804 (IP=0.0.0.0:1636)",
          "@timestamp" => 2021-09-08T18:03:30.587Z,
      "syslog5424_pri" => "13",
            "@version" => "1",
             "nf_name" => "alf1",
            "pod_name" => "ldap"
}

Can anyone help me identify the cause of the issue?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.