Passing Multiple Arguments while Logstash startup

I have more than 5 logstash conf files. I need to start all the conf files all together. How can I pass all the files names together ?

logstash -f Logstash-ES1.conf
logstash -f Logstash-ES2.conf
logstash -f Logstash-ES3.conf

Command Line which I tried and it didnt work -

logstash -f Logstash-ES1.conf Logstash-ES2.conf Logstash-ES3.conf

Should work:

logstash -f file1.conf -f file2.conf ... -f fileN.conf

Also works IIRC:

logstash -f "*.conf"

[quote="magnusbaeck, post:2, topic:47805"]
logstash -f file1.conf -f file2.conf ... -f fileN.conf
[/quote] It is only picking the last file event. i.e. fileN.conf event is captured but file.1conf is not.

[quote="magnusbaeck, post:2, topic:47805"]
logstash -f "*.conf"
[/quote]It is not capturing anything.

If you start Logstash with the --debug option it'll show you exactly what configuration it loads.

By the way, you know that you can pass a directory name to -f? Then LS will load all files in that directory.

Can you give me a sample command line for passing in the entire directory name?

Suppose I have a folder named "LgConf" under the bin folder.
logstash -f "LgConf" -> Is this correct ?

I wouldn't make any assumptions about Logstash's behavior when passing a relative path but passing an absolute path certainly works.

I tried passing the entire path. The syntax worked but it is also capturing only 1 conf. The first conf event is getting captured but the rest are not.

The same result as above command lines.

If events aren't being captured that could be caused by many other things. As I said, with the --debug option you can find out exactly which configuration Logstash loads so that you can focus your debugging efforts in the right place.

When I execute those conf file individually it works fine. The only prob is while running multiple conf files altogether.

I have enabled the --debug command. But I am unable to triage it because the output keeps on showing Flushing buffer, hence unable to debug it.

Any suggestions, what should I be doing here ?

I have enabled the --debug command. But I am unable to triage it because the output keeps on showing Flushing buffer, hence unable to debug it.

Redirect the output to a file and read that file.

Tried all of the above...looks like logstash is not able to pull multiple conf's.

Saw threads here -
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/elasticsearch/vFIuBage0tE/vNc-HyvZM1sJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/logstash-users/eNYmpFueHtM/cx1NjAx1SOQJ

Might be a Windows-specific bug.

I was trying this on Windows 7. Will try this on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Will let you know the outcome.

Getting this error on Win 2012 R2 machine.

D:\Elastic\Logstash-2.3.1\bin>logstash -f "D:/Elastic/Logstash-2.3.1/bin/AppTier
Conf/*.conf" --configtest
io/console not supported; tty will not be manipulated
←[33mAn unexpected error occurred! {:error=>#<RuntimeError: translation missing:
en.logstash.runner.configuration.scheme-not-supported>, :class=>"RuntimeError",
:backtrace=>["D:/Elastic/Logstash-2.3.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-c
ore-2.3.1-java/lib/logstash/config/loader.rb:43:in load_config'", "D:/Elastic/L ogstash-2.3.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.3.1-java/lib/logstash /config/loader.rb:17:informat_config'", "D:/Elastic/Logstash-2.3.1/vendor/bund
le/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.3.1-java/lib/logstash/agent.rb:181:in execute '", "D:/Elastic/Logstash-2.3.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.3.1- java/lib/logstash/runner.rb:94:inrun'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in call' ", "D:/Elastic/Logstash-2.3.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.3.1-j ava/lib/logstash/runner.rb:99:inrun'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in call'" , "D:/Elastic/Logstash-2.3.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0.0.22/lib/stud/t ask.rb:24:ininitialize'"], :level=>:warn}←[0m

Making sure you run logstash.bat instead of the logstash binary, run it like this in powershell:

.\logstash\bin\logstash.bat -f .\multiconffolder

Where you don't specify the file glob pattern, just the folder :sunglasses: