Persistent Volume mapping in ES cluster using Kubernetes

We plan to set up a ES cluster using Kubernetes. The k8s pod will consist of 3 data nodes and we intend to have persistent volume mapping for the data. In a pod, a volume is usually shared but as I understand, in this case, we should not share the data of the 3 instances. What is the best way to achieve volume mapping for a pod. If I have 3 instance s, should I map each separately like /node1/data, /node2/data or should I just map to a single volume '/data' and ES will ensure that that data between the instances is isolated? I am not sure if mapped volume should have node names like node1, node2 etc as explained above. What happens if the pod is terminated and a new pod is created? Should there be a strong binding between the mapped volume and nodename. What is the best practice to achieve this?

You'd probably be better off running a single instance in a pod, otherwise if your pod disappears then you lose the entire cluster. With each node in a unique pod you get HA if you do lose one of the pods.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.