Pipeline setting in LS 6.2.3

Hi,
I am facing problem with starting LS 6.2.3.
I don't understand pipeline concept.
Though I have given 2 diff pipeline ID in both logstash.yml and pipeline.yml to understand from where it is picking up?
I created 2 conf file with input/filter/output plugins and given the config paths in logstash.yml and pipelines.yml respectively.

I start with command nohup ./logstash --debug &
Do I need to give some more in start command?

How do it know which .yml to read?
What is role of pipeline.yml if we logstash.yml and .conf file?

please help urgently. Its very very different than I used previously. 1.x and 2.x

br,
Sunil

Though I have given 2 diff pipeline ID in both logstash.yml and pipeline.yml to understand from where it is picking up?
I created 2 conf file with input/filter/output plugins and given the config paths in logstash.yml and pipelines.yml respectively.

Please don't describe your configuration. Show it. Details matter.

please help urgently.

If you want urgent help then there are paid support options.

Its very very different than I used previously. 1.x and 2.x

It's actually not very different at all. Instead of one directory with pipeline configuration files you can now have multiple such directories that are independent from each other. Also note that the multi-pipeline feature is optional. If you're happy with how previous Logstash releases work then you don't have to change anything.

1 Like

Thank you Magnus.
I will come again with more precise questions and some more homework :slight_smile:

Br,
Sunil.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.